Rarotonga & Aitutaki Packages
Recommended Travel Months - Green = good travel month
This 10 days Cook Island holiday package includes five nights in Rarotonga, the main island with the international airport as well as five nights at Aitutaki. Airport transfers and the domestic flight is included. Also, a meal plan with dinner and breakfast. Plus the complementary activities for each resort. If needed we can also arrange international flights ex Auckland/ New Zealand or Australia. Note, each part of this itinerary can be amended, so you can shorten the stay or select different times on each island.
The next planning steps for this 10 days Cook Island holiday package:
- Step 1: Review this Itinerary.
- Step 2: Contact us with preferences.
- Step 3: Get a Free Travel Proposal.
Welcome to a world without traffic lights! Getting around Rarotonga is so easy - buses circle the island and will stop wherever you wish. You can also hire a scooter. Travelling at your own pace is a great way of seeing Rarotonga's villages and beaches. If you are a keen explorer, an intrepid tour into the hinterland and the lush rain forest, is a must-do. On tours like these, you will hear the legends of wars, wedding and even love affairs. As a matter of interest, some of the best preserved coral churches in the South Pacific are found right here in Rarotonga!
With only 32 kilometres in circumference to explore, it is extremely easy to discover the magic of Rarotonga. The capital, Avarua, is the commercial centre and main port of the Cook Islands. So immerse yourself in island culture within this bustling tropical town. You will have a good variety of shops and restaurants to choose from. And if you fancy dancing to a live band or just having a quiet drink, you will definitely find your ideal spot. Enjoy an enchanting Cultural Show and a delicious traditional feast. You may even be invited to the stage to sway along to the beat!
Check in to Pacific Resort Rarotonga
Tropical islands like Rarotonga are so perfect for water sports. So if swimming and snorkeling is your thing, you can relax and unwind at the beach. In fact, there are so many beautiful white sand beaches along the fringes of the island, you will be hard put to make a choice. Try to include a Lagoon Cruise - this is where you can enjoy magnificent snorkelling and tropical waters teeming with colourful sea life.
Travel Tips for Rarotonga:
• Visa – Not required by passport holders for stays up to 31 days. Visitors must have a return or onward ticket.
• Currency – New Zealand Dollar. ANZ and Westpac Banks are located on Rarotonga. Wespac also has a branch in Aitutaki. There are 10 ATM’s situated around Rarotonga and 2 in Aitutaki.
• Language – The local language is Cook Islands Maori. English is also widely spoken.
• Clothing – The dress code is definitely ‘island style’. However brief clothing, suitable for the beach is not suitable for town or villages. A light sweater may come in handy for cooler evenings during July and August.
• Transport – Air Rarotonga flies regularly to the Nothern and Southern group of the Cook Islands, with daily services to Aitutaki. On Rarotonga, a bus services operates around the island daily and is a good way to get around the island if you don’t drive. Car rental is also another option.
Wine & Dine on Rarotonga:
• The Mooring: With fishes daily caught and homemade sauces, The Mooring is a café overlooking the stunningly beautiful Avana Harbour, easily recognized as a vibrant blue shipping container.
• Vaima Restaurant and Bar: Make a reservation and dine at the beach. Enjoy your evening with flavour pacific cuisine, while you watch the calm waves roll onto the beach, take in the beautiful scenery of what Rarotonga Offers.
• Trader Jacks: Bar and restaurant which offers great food, service, and drinks. Overlooking the waters of Avarua Harbour offering a beautiful view while you dine.
• Sails Restaurant and Bar: Located at the heart of Muri Beach, enjoy your evening whether its casual or romantic, there is something for everyone!
Today, you will discover the romance of beautiful Aitutaki. Get a coach transfer from your resort to Rarotonga airport and fly direct to Aitutaki. Once you arrive at Aitutaki Airport, you will be transferred to your resort by a hotel representative.
Domestic flight from Rarotonga to Aitutaki
You must present your itinerary with a valid ID (passport) to the Air Rarotonga check-in staff. Air Rarotonga counters are located in the check-in pavilion at Rarotonga International Airport. Check-in is 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. Your booking may be cancelled and your seat re- allocated if you fail to check-in 15 minutes prior to your flight departure time.
AIR RAROTONGA - DOMESTIC BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE:
Please note the following applies for Baggage Allowance within the Cook Islands:
Clients connecting from International Flight to Aitutaki
• Baggage Allowance - 23kgs per person
• Excess Luggage - $3.50 per kilogram
One of the world’s most beautiful lagoon is within easy reach of Rarotonga. In fact, it is only an an easy 45 minute flight to this huge turquoise lagoon which is decorated with 15 motu (islets) and an emerald green main island. When people think of their bucket list in the South Pacific, they are often referring to Aitutaki - a 'sandbars heaven’.
Check in to Pacific Resort Aitutaki
The allure of Aitutaki doesn’t stop at the water’s edge. The charm continues on land. Join a guided tour into the hinterland and learn of the legends of the people. You can even take a bike tour and really indulge all 6 senses.
Aitutakians say they are descended from Ru, a seafaring warrior who sailed from Avaiki, the legendary homeland of early Polynesians. Local guides tell of fascinating legends and take visitors to some of the islands marae (sacred ceremonial grounds). Aitutaki forefathers erected volcanic boulders in very distinct formations in this area . You will also discover Te Poaki o Rae, the largest marae, measuring about 1.6 hectaress . Much later, Captain Bligh and the crew of the HMS Bounty became the first known Europeans to make contact with Aitutaki in 1789.
Depart on a Domestic flight back to Rarotonga to connect with your international flight.
View pricing options